Monday 17 June 2013

Loving the Raglan

I have been completing various garments for K - some were cut out last summer.  The nightie below is the Oliver + S 'Hopscotch Dress'.  It was easy to make and I am thrilled with how it turned out.
 I also made the same pattern as a long sleeve top.  This fabric is quite thin so will be a spring/autumn top.
I made another Hopscotch top (below on the right) and four more raglan tees from the 'Field Trip' pattern by Oliver + S.  Two of these are pictured below (L to R, cream merino long sleeved undergarment, blue cotton lyrca long sleeved sleeping top, badly stretched Hopscotch top in cotton rib).  I also made myself a long sleeved merino top - so warm!
I had always known that raglan garments were great for children as they allowed for growth in the shoulder area - but I had never actually thought about how much easier they are to sew than a top with a shoulder seam and fitted sleeves.  Yes - they are not as feminine as the Hopscotch top with it's front yoke - but they are very quick to make and all the merino undergarments I'll be making from now on will be raglan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...