Sunday 15 December 2013

Swimming Bag

I suddenly had the great idea that K didn't have her own swimming bag - and I could make one for her a Christmas gift from us.  Not from Santa - she had already seen the fabric I had chosen from my stash!

I'd bought this fabric about three years ago from Bolt of Cloth in Christchurch but it had sat unused as it really didn't appeal as just fabric - it looks much better as a bag!

I found a great set of blog posts by 'Sarah Jane Sews' and copied her measurements and slightly adapted the corners to suit my needs.  I also made a small pocket for the inside - it is lined in the same waterproof fabric as the inner - so that K can put small change, a note or card in there, and it will be safer than on the outside.  I also made my own cord from double fold pink homespun cut grainwise (not bias).


A great project as all the supplies came from my stash.

Ssshhhhh!  Don't tell  - K doesn't know about this yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...