Sunday 19 May 2013

Woolly Cuddles

I've switched my sewing machines over to ball point needles so am busy churning out knit garments.  I've found that if I use four threads on my overlocker for most of my seaming I get a good result.  For topstitching I use my sewing machine with a twin ball-point needle - it gives a finish like a coverstitch machine when worked over the overlocked edge.

I made these PJs from a merino blend - K has problems taking them off in the morning - so they must be good.  The top is Oliver + S 'Field Trip' raglan tee.  Super easy to make - much easier than having a shoulder seam and fitted sleeves.  The pants are from 'Growing Up Sew Liberated' by Meg McElwee - they are the 'Sleeping Johns'.  I made both in size 5, so a bit big yet.



 Yes - she really does love her teddy bear - but he's not for sale!

To continue the woolly theme we both went out to help H the other day sorting sheep and I took my camera to snap a pick of K with her homespun jersey's original owner.  In case it is not obvious - the jersey came from the black sheep poking her head up behind K.

The jersey has been made from a heavily adapted Debbie Bliss pattern - I'm still new enough to spinning that I can't spin to a required wpi (wraps per inch) yet.  I have to swatch and work out stitch numbers from there.  This jersey was made a year ago - but you can see that I'm going to have to start thinking about the next size up.  Luckily I've got one and a bit black fleeces from this ewe in my possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...