Tuesday 30 July 2013

Another Mini Quilt

I finished this the other day - it had been sitting almost finished for a while - and am very glad I did.  It started as a 'scrappy trip' quilt but I changed it to keep it as a mini.  I love the 1930's reproduction fabrics and would really like to make a whole quilt in them on day.  A dresden plate cushion with these fabrics would be lovely too.  I'm not short on plans!
The quilting was very simple - I used a walking foot.

And yes... I had to have a helper.  My excuse is that I can give you a sense of proportion.
I'm really pleased with the binding colour too - its my kind of blue and it really reinforces the colours in the quilt.  Isn't it hard selecting fabrics sometimes??  I spend a lot of time thinking and planning and am always nervous about how it will turn out.


1 comment:

  1. This has come up really well. I want to make a "dresden something" one day too - suspect I will keep it small and do a mini quilt though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...