Saturday 21 February 2015

Two Cardigans

I LOVE Georgie Hallam (Tikki)'s patterns and have slowly been knitting up many of them.  I enjoy how each one has extended my knitting skills and produced a range of beautiful garments - all of which have been for either my daughter or one of her dolls!  (See here and here and of course a Milo or two).  Here are two more...

Last spring I knitted up a 'Girls Best Cardigan' in some gorgeous Shepherd merino 8ply in the most delicious pink.  A divine wool to knit with, and a jersey that the kiddo really loves!
These photos taken December 2014

The dress that K is wearing is Oliver + S's 'Family Reunion' dress in a gorgeous floral from the 'Good Life' range by Deena Rutter for Riley Blake.  This has been her go-to 'party' dress and has been well admired, with K automatically replying that 'mum made it'.


And some photos from today...

Over summer I made an 'Elizabeth' cardigan in some Moda Vera 'Sombre' organic cotton that I think was about 5ply (sport) weight.  After adjusting the needle size it made an awesome light cardigan that my girl has just started wearing!


This blue cardigan was on my 'Q1 Finish-Along' list as well... so a second finish... yippee!


Oh yes... I have a 10ply 'Bloom' that only needs blocking and tidying, as well as a series of dolls' clothes... will share those soon!

I'm linking up again to Crazy Mom Quilts for 'Finish It Up Friday'.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet outfit. She looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet outfit. She looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Wow! These are absolutely adorable. I am seriously impressed. I have never tried knitting, but the most I have crocheted is a simple afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cardigans are just lovely and it looks like your daughter really enjoys wearing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...