Thursday 25 July 2013

Little Scrap Quilt

In a scrap bag I purchased a while back I found a whole lot of 1.5" squares - some tan coloured, some white on white and some a mix of Kaffe Fassett.  So I challenged myself to make a small quilt from it.  I had to add two extra squares from my own collection and purchase some fabric for the binding but otherwise this is all made of 'scraps'.
The squares are 1" across so the whole quilt is only about 12" across
This project also gave me a chance to practise my free motion quilting - but I definitely have room for improvement!
I have always had trouble attaching quilts to the wall - but on Pinterest recently I saw a cunning idea.  Two small squares of fabric were folded  into triangles then sewn into adjacent corners as the binding was attached.  All it then needed was a piece of doweling cut to length.  I am super impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...