I had started an 'Ishbel' shawl in early July and had really enjoyed knitting it - so finished it very fast. But I have never been someone who has blocked items properly, and as lace knitting really benefits from blocking, I had left it sitting aside while I pondered what to do. Finally I got out a large piece of corflute that was once a real estate sign and pinned my work to it, misted it with water and left it to dry. Wow! It really makes the lace stand out and I am so pleased I put that extra bit of work in.
Today I took my work out into the garden and had fun photographing it against an early rhododendron 'Cornubia' which is almost the same shade of red.
I have two of these rhododendrons and they are stunning! They are blooming earlier than usual as we are having a mild late winter... lets hope the frosts hold off!
The yarn I used is Alpaca 4 ply and it knitted up beautifully.
An unnamed camellia:
Some new growth on raspberry bushes:
My garlic growing like lightening:
The celery I have in my glasshouse - so lush and will be ready to pick when I have finished the purchased bunch in my fridge. Yeah! It is growing really well and I will try it again in the glasshouse next winter.