Monday, 27 January 2014

Upside Down Monkeys

Last year (so long ago I can't remember exactly) I had my first go at dying wool using food colouring.  I planned to make a dark green so the resulting colour made me feel quite accomplished.
The yarn was originally undyed sock yarn from Vintage Purls.
http://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/forkandneedle/152144541/DSC_0095_small_best_fit.JPG

I used the yarn to knit a pair of toe-up socks in with the 'Monkey' pattern by Cookie A.  I followed the 'no purl' adaption of Craftypancakes.


It was a fun knit as there were many straight knit rows and the pattern was easy to remember - which was good as I took this up and put it down over a few months.

I have been wanting to make a duct-tape model of myself to fit clothes on, so making a foot one was a good start!  It turned out well - but the front part of my foot is fatter on the mannequin model than it is for real - the joy of getting over-eager with stuffing.

Read more about this project on Ravelry.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous colour - love the pattern on the socks. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...