I should be doing dozens of other things but last weekend I started a new quilt - I felt like piecing and I had just finished three other quilts!
'Simplify with Camille Roskelley'. It is a quilt with crosses as I have noticed that they are particularly popular at the moment.
The fabric is 'Flats' by Angela Yosten and I have used a jelly roll. I've got some of the reds for the border... but still need to do some thinking first.
It is going together really well. I cut it all out and planned then sewed all the single rows in just over a day (less helping on the farm), with K helping me place out the pieces. But my quarter inch seam allowance must be a fraction out as now that I am on to sewing the rows together the crosses were not lining up quite perfectly.
I have fixed that as I have gone to pinning from the left. This enables me to leave the removal of pins to the very last moment - my quarter inch foot has a guide on the right side so the pins need to be out of the way by then. I think I'll have to re-do the first few rows as I plan to quilt it with simple lines later.
My magnetic pin holder is twenty years old but fantastic. I got it from Bernina when I purchased an overlocker.
I've pinned all the rows on to a piece of flannel and can therefore sneak a few rows in my schedule without worrying about them getting out of order.
Now trying to link up with 'WIP Wednesday' at 'Freshly Pieced'.