Saturday 13 April 2013

Hand-knit Love

I was visiting family last week and revisiting some history by looking through photos at my Grandmother's home.  This photo really made me smile - it is of two of her brothers - and taken in the mid 1920's on a visit to Invercargill.

I love the innocent looks on the faces of my two great-uncles and I am awed by the knitting that (probably) my great grandmother did for them.  Both have hand-knit jerseys and we can presume both hand-knit socks.

My K wears hand-knit socks and jumpers and is quite proud that 'momma made these for me.'  I do meet the odd other child who wears hand-knit socks, mostly made by grandmothers.  What love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...