Sunday 19 May 2013

Found Fairy

I went through some photos from last summer recently and found this one of K being a helper on the farm.  Excuse the delay in posting but I thought it was too good of a photo to ignore.  Where else would you see a fairy dress and gumboots!  We were shifting an auger and it was hot.
Poor K wanted to stay in her 'Oliver + S Fairy Tale Dress' that I made prior to Xmas from some 60 year old crepe my grandmother had given me.  I adapted the pattern only to lower the neckline and it meant I had no collar to worry about.  I made a muslin in the polycotton I used for the lining and as that fitted K fine I kept going.  The dress has a large bow at the back and three layers of tulle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...