Thursday 12 January 2012

My New Shirt

DSC_1706 by forkandneedle
DSC_1706, a photo by forkandneedle on Flickr.

I had really admired the 'Tova' shirt/dress by Wiksten that had been blogged about a lot! But the cost and availability of the pattern has led to my own creativity being stretched. So I decided to draft my own pattern, make in calico, adapt, the make for real. I am thrilled with the outcome! The green fabric came from Global Fabrics at least a year ago and is very prone to creasing. I am pleased with the fit, though I did have to take out most of the gathers into the yoke, to suit my buxom self.
Yeah a new shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...